Viridian Water Systems is an Industrial Water Treatment Company specializing in Water Deionization Systems. Our staff is equipped with more than 25 years of experience in delivering, installing and commissioning all types of Water Treatment Solutions to the industry. This includes Water Deionization Systems, Industrial Reverse Osmosis Systems, Industrial Water Softeners, UV Systems (Ultraviolet Disinfection Systems), Carbon Filters, Iron/Sulphur Filters and Automated Storage Solutions.
There are numerous applications for Deionized Water, ranging many industries. Following are a few examples of the uses of Deionized Water:
- Automotive: Engine cooling systems (antifreeze), lead-acid car batteries, automotive rinsing with deionized water
- Cooling Systems: High-powered lasers, medical devices
- Cosmetics: “Aqua” is deionized water used as an ingredient in cosmetics and personal hygiene products
- Electronics: Circuit board rinsing with deionized water
- Metal Finishing: Deionized water used for cleaning and rinsing before metal finishing
- Bottled Water, Breweries & Distilleries: Reverse Osmosis, Separate bed deionizers and mixed bed deionizers may be used to ensure that water quality remains consistent
Deionized Water is critical to many industries and across many business sectors. Water Deionization Systems are essential for numerous Industrial processes such as manufacturing, bottling plants, metal finishing, beverage production and cosmetic & pharmaceutical production. Viridian Water Systems is proud to supply the industry with quality water deionization solutions that work.
Water Deionization Systems employ an ion-exchange method to achieve high resistivity water via separation, purification and decontamination of input water. Deionization is a process that involves water flowing through beds of ion-exchange resin (usually composed of polystyrene sulfonate), in an effort to separate contaminants and pure water.
Two kinds of commercial ion-exchange resin exists; strong–acid Cation and strong-base Anion. In Water Deionization Systems, Cation resin beds serve the purpose of replacing Cations from the feed water with Hydrogen ions. Cation resin beds are charged with a strong acid, usually Hydrochloric Acid, and thus are saturated with Hydrogen ions. When Cation-containing water flows over the resin, an ion-exchange takes place, and hence the name of the process. Anion resin beds, in contrast, are charged with Caustic Soda, or Sodium Hydroxide, and take part in the process of anion ion-exchange. Water Deionization Systems use these resin beds to replace anions in the intake water with Hydroxyl ions from the resin. This is a technology that purifies water, because it removes unwanted Cations and Anions from the input water, and replaces them with Hydrogen and Hydroxyl ions, which form pure water.
- Examples of Cations include: Calcium, Magnesium, Sodium, Potassium, Iron and Strontium ions.
- Examples of Anions include: Bicarbonate, Nitrate, Fluoride, Chloride, Carbonate, Sulphate and Silicate ions
There are essentially three kinds of Water Deionization System solutions available: